BlueHost is one of the most popular web hosting company which is providing superb web hosting services since 2002. As they are an old player in the web hosting industry, they are equipped with high quality hardware and their support service is based in USA. Their support response time is very quick and they deliver support through online chat, telephone and email tickets. Their web hosting packages include Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Server Hosting. Key competitors to BlueHost web hosting company are HostGator
BlueHost is one of excellent web hosting company that is equipped with Octa Core Servers with 256GB RAM & offers web hosting packages for all needs. Only hardware doesn’t need to be perfect, the company’s repute and their support really does matter, in all scenarios BlueHost stands with pride. Their web hosting plans include Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Server Hosting. I’ll be only reviewing BlueHost’s Shared Web Hosting which is economical for everyone to get started with.
BlueHost’s Shared Web Hosting
offers unlimited web hosting resources to their customers. Unlimited resources refer towards unlimited storage space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited number of domains / sites to be hosted and much more. Shared Web Hosting is cheaper than VPS & Dedicated Sever because several users are sharing the costs of running a single server. They offer 100% up-time guarantee for your websites & blogs, 24 hours, 7 days of week live chat, phone & email support service, and there’s a 30 days money back guarantee, in case you are not satisfied with their web hosting services, no questions will be asked and you will be completely refunded. That’s because they know a satisfied customer will be more beneficial for them & will help them to make more sales than an annoyed customer.
- Free Domain Name Registration for One Year
- Unlimited Disk Storage
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- Unlimited Websites / Domains Can Be Hosted
- Free CDN integration with CloudFlare
- Unlimited Email Addresses
- Shell Access
- CentOS 6 Linux Operating System
- Apache Web Server
- Industry Standard cPanel
- Password Protected Directories
- HotLink protection to stop bandwidth theft
- PHP5 Support
- One Click Web Scripts Installer (Helps you easily install php based content management systems)
- 24/7 Live Chat, Email & Phone Support Service 365 Days a Year
- BlueHost Forum &Wikis; for Customer Support
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee (Domain Names should have to be cancelled within 3 days in order to receive refund.)
- Daily Website Backups
- 100% Up-time Guarantee
- Up to $200 Free Credit offers to Promote your Website
Technical & Advanced Shared Server Specs of BlueHost
Things which I liked about BlueHost Shared Hosting
1. Robust hardware being used to provide excellent quality web hosting service, you will not be facing CPU throttling even if you are running a website with heavy web scripts. If your website / blog is famous enough and receives up to 20,000 visitors per day, BlueHost will not be suspending your account. However it doesn’t mean that you should run non-optimized web apps that may act as resource hog for their shared servers.
2. Reliability & Excellent Customer support via Live Chat, Email tickets & Phone support.
4. SSH Shell Access is present by default unlike other hosts where you need to request this feature for a price.
5. Database file size limit is up to 3GB, that means you can host really huge websites. In normal operations a WordPress blog with 5000 posts will not exceed 100MB of database.
Things which I want that BlueHost should improve
The standard hosting package comes up with limitation of 50,000 inodes (number of files to be hosted on server). Although BlueHost claims that they won’t be taking any action until an account reaches 200,000 files on the standard hosting package, this limit is significantly increased to 300,000 inodes with their pro hosting and that also supports up to 3000 database tables while the standard account can only have up to 1000 database tables. I think there shouldn’t be segregation among BlueHost hosting packages on such minimal factors. For 96% people these inodes limits does not play any role. I have only expressed my concern so that if some one from BlueHost will read it, they might improve it. Other than that BlueHost’s services are superb!!
What you can host or run with BlueHost?
You can get started with a forum, an eCommerce shopping website, a drupal site, a joomla site, a wordpress blog (I had also covered Best WordPress Hosting Services
) or run any custom php based script on their shared web hosting environment. That doesn’t mean you cannot host a static html based site, you can also get started with a simple static html website with BlueHost’s shared web hosting. BlueHost also offers one click installer for most popular web apps / scripts, that can be easily installed with bunch of clicks. BlueHost is one of the officially recommended web hosting for WordPress Blogs.
Modes of Payment for BlueHost Signup:
On the signup page, you can pay through your credit card or Payoneer Debit Master Card
. However BlueHost do support payments through Paypal
which is accessible when you click on more payment options link.
BlueHost Discount Coupon ($4.95 per month)
BlueHost company does not offer any discount coupons, however you can avail discount by purchasing the web hosting for longer term such as 2 or 3 years. Also note that promotional prices are only valid for the first purchase term and you will have to renew the web hosting at standard price after your first purchase term is over. This discount is available for short time period, if you are looking forward to buy a web hosting for your website or blog, its an ideal time to do that. Follow the special signup link below to avail this discount.